Friday, July 8, 2016

Fitting a mold or creating my own

I'm projecting. And while I run a brush up and down a cabinet, I start to think of things that I can write. I find the process of thinking so interesting. I often start blog post about when I was thinking....you know, the kitchen sink syndrome

Anyway, it seems there is a mold I see on the internet. Houses look like this, children act like that, rooms are organized in this precise way with this purdy furniture. I want to be that mold and I feel my insecurities creeping all around me as I look at my piles of junk here or my child doing whatever over there. As I am working to finish a project started by Yours Truly at the end of May, I am wondering why I do this. Will it really be all clean and tidy and perfectly organized once the cabinet is painted, the wall decorated, the furniture rearranged, etc.? If it's not, does it matter? 

There will always be a pile of junk on the counter. Toys will never all be put away. But the paradigm shift I had tonight helped me realize it will all be ok. That there is joy in the mess. An extra pile here meant my baby was fed when he was hungry. Laundry unfolded means I read to my daughter during snack time. And this messy-ness can be embraced and should be shared!

Now I feel too profound in all of this. My original post was going to be a sarcastic dump of what life is really like. But maybe we'll see a few more pictures of what Emily is like and why that is great, rather than trying to mimic what everyone else seems to be sharing on the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment